Dear Mr. Matheson,
In connection with the shooting of Muslims who perform Friday prayers on March 15, 2019 in Christchurch mosques, New Zealand, we are the Center for Indonesian Strategic Studies, hereby:
- Express our deepest condolences for the calamity that befell Muslims and their families in the incident.
- Condemn all barbaric acts that violate civilized human values.
- Support the Indonesian government to protest this action.
- Ask the New Zealand government to provide guarantees for Muslims to perform their worship in your country.
- Urge the authorities in New Zealand to immediately arrest the perpetrators and punish according to the applicable law.
- Hopefully such incidents will not happen again in the future and hope that Muslims will not be provoked and maintain a spirit of brotherhood among religious communities everywhere.
That’s all, thank you.